Hybrid enterprises - The new age hybrid enterprise
‘Hybrid Enterprise’: Real Trend or Hype? This is the usual question that pops up in mind of the enterprise owners and even the network caretakers. But, yes, the hybrid enterprise is a real deal! There are several key findings as per the State of the Cloud Survey published by RightScale in 2015.
- Popularity of Cloud - Nearly 88% of the organisations surveyed were found to be using public cloud.
- Strategy of Choice - 82% of enterprises choose hybrid clouds as the strategy of choice.
- Enterprises progress - More than half of the enterprises among the 88% following hybrid-cloud strategy, are already using both private and public cloud.
The hybrid enterprise is at a fast paced growth, abetted and aided by software service vendors like Salesforce, best known for its CRM product and Zuora, an enterprise software company that provides SaaS-based applications for billing, commerce and finance operations. And hence, the on premise business is dying. Along with it, the inside-the-firewall phenomenon of the IT industry is also becoming extinct.
Hybrid Enterprise Benefits:
- Better opportunities for balancing CAPEX investments and OPEX expenditures on services based on cloud.
- Combined capabilities of both public and private cloud as well as the networks are evolved in computing model, fostering location-independent direction.
- Location-independent computing is the next step forward, beyond software-defined datacentres (SDDC) and software-defined networking (SDN).Both of these logically perform the same work of application and service separation from that of the underlying hardware.
- Flexibility of data and application being hosted in best business served locations.
- Ensures an impeccable and flawless delivery of data and applications with a view leveraged global business resource augmentation.
- Offers running business cost mitigation and employee productivity maximisation.
Hybrid Enterprise Challenges:
Although, the hybrid enterprise makes quite a compelling impact, its additional complexity, when compared to cloud-based or on-premise business, cannot be overlooked. So, if any organisation looks forward to leverage the benefits of hybrid enterprise, it should take into account all the challenges that hybrid complexity brings with it.
Customers who fall short of well-defined strategies pertaining to compliance procedures, cloud management and governance are required to make either investment or get exposed to failure while they meet the business expectations.
Whenever an enterprise decides to go hybrid, it should also evaluate the architectural complexity combined with blind spots for security, support and management. In the hybrid enterprise, apps, people and data are omnipresent.
- 62% of employees operate from multiple locations
- 52% of companies have more than half of their corporate data present at the datacentre The additional complexity exacerbates delivery challenges and management of apps and data.
- 51% of companies consider application complexity as their primary challenge
- Over half of the enterprises are concerned about the performance of SaaS apps Management of common challenges along with an efficient combination of both public and private clouds may result in application downtime and inefficiencies. The new age enterprise manages to exist well with technology and Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) offering “infrastructure-agnostic” solutions.
How will the business gain by going hybrid?
Hybrid Enterprise enables an IT organisation to:
- Seamlessly benefit from private and public cloud resources
- Respond faster to the business requirements
- Position the applications in the suitable cloud with the appropriate performance, cost, policies and security
- Demonstrate clearly the value of IT
- Support conventional as well as the next-gen applications Hybrid enterprise is basically about addressing the navigational complexity and cost associated with all of these architectural collisions. Its survival earmarks are control, optimisation and visibility. With the trend suggestive of increasing adoption, the transformation of age old businesses into new age hybrid enterprise is inevitable.
MPLS VPN Service
Our MPLS (Multi-Protocol Label Switching) based Virtual Private Network (VPN) delivers PAN India connectivity across 100+ points of strategic presence. We help you optimise your business with a fully meshed network to ensure fail-safe connectivity. With our mobile and managed solutions, authorised personnel may connect to business networks from anywhere including remote locations. We provide both wireline and wireless solution. Under wireline have Standard and Managed MPLS. Wireless solutions are Xpress VPN and Road Warrior.
Our MPLS VPN now comes with Secure Connect–a bridge that offers a private & dedicated connection to leading cloud service providers such as Amazon Web Services & Microsoft Azure. Secure Connect is a value add-on to the existing MPLS VPN service offering that offers you connectivity to the Cloud. Through Secure Connect, you get secure enterprise grade network connectivity to the public cloud infrastructure that is SLA backed and predictable.
Secure Connect privatizes a public cloud network, extending it with the security of a private network; faster data transfers that help data-heavy Enterprise applications operate with ease, and offers a seamless end user experience while you transition between your private network and the Cloud.