Being a popular South Indian TV shopping channel most of Shopping Zone customers are housewives, speaking local Languages. The company advertisements are run on TV channels in local languages such as Malayalam, Telugu, Kannada & Tamil. The business required Shopping Zone to:
- Address huge volume of calls
- Provide diﬀerential services to premium and non premium customers
- Address calls in local language of the caller while it was expensive to run call centres in each state
- The company had set up Telugu & Kannada speaking agents in Vijayawada call centre and Tamil & Malayalam speaking agents in Chennai call centre
- Eﬃcient logistics for delivery and completion of orders placed by customers by secure interoﬃce connectivity
- Virtual Mobile Number 9xxxxxxxx2 for publishing on TV advertisements
- Toll Free Number (TFN) to carry customer calls
- SIP trunk with 150 channels in Chennai and routed Virtual Mobile Number (VMN) TFN calls to its PSTN pilot number
- TTL oﬀered the solution through TTL Partners call server by doing the data base query of Telco’s phone numbers and put the call in the respective state queue for giving the appropriate language treatment
- The server identiﬁed calls from diﬀerent states and routed the same to the call centre agents speaking the language of the state
- All calls landing on VMN are forwarded to the SIP in the switch level
Shopping Zone is able to manage its operations eﬃciently; they were able to divert calls originating from diﬀerent states to the agent speaking the local language. The Virtual Mobile Numbers ensured that they were able to publish easy to remember, unique mobile numbers which worked very cost eﬀectively for their products mapped to price tags below a certain price.
The TFN ensured customers of high value products got eﬃcient Toll Free calling.
The SIP Trunk (up to 1500 Channels) which is highly scalable unlike traditional PRI (30 Channels) provided them with capacity on demand. This was especially helpful to manage seasonal variations in demand.