Technology enabled collaboration is the future
Today, employees across industries and geographies feel the need to collaborate more than ever before, as employee networks are expanding and becoming increasingly cross-functional. They are more geographically dispersed and factors like rising workloads and shrinking budgets, are also driving forces for technology based collaboration. Not only is the expectation to connect to everyone from everywhere through every device greater, but also one expects it to be seamless, secure and simple. The intelligent network is what is making this possible. Technology-enabled collaboration is therefore, the future.
Here are 5 reasons why businesses need collaboration Tools:
- Accessibility and accuracy of information – Access to accurate information from any location.
- Extreme Accountability – With deadlines, communications, reports and contributions being available to all, slacking is not an option.
- Save Time – With collaboration tools, there are lesser chances of losing emails, leaving calls unanswered or even travelling to lengthy meetings, as on-line collaboration tools make conversations and agreements easy.
- Less Interruptions – These tools do not take away your focus from priority projects unlike emails. They enable you to move to a platform that can help you control vital messages.
- Centralized Documented Discussions – These tools help capture discussions that need to be retained for future reference.
And here are some examples of the kind of impact collaboration have on the work environment:
- Outsized impact on team performance – There is a greater level of impact on knowledge sharing than on work performance.
- Fosters innovation – Employees who share knowledge with each other are two and a half times more likely to feel encouraged and come up with new and better ways of doing things.
- Higher intent to stay – Employees who share knowledge with each other are half as likely to consider leaving their organization in the next year, according to Executive Board.
Today more and more global, cross-functional teams are creating a virtual boundary-free workspace, collaborating across time zones to capture new opportunities created with customers and suppliers around the world. There has been an increase in the investments on unified communications that can help people work together more efficiently. In particular, collaborative communications technologies can fuel productivity by providing employees with easy access to relevant information.
At Tata Tele Business Services, we believe that collaboration is more than just a technical architecture or solution; it is an experience that integrates people, processes, and technology.