Your privacy is of utmost importance to us at www.tataindicom.com. You can be assured that we enforce the highest levels of confidentiality and security when it comes to our customers. When you provide your personal particulars (such as name, address or contact number) at our site, you can be assured that they stay with us. Tata Indicom will not give or sell our customers' information collected on the website to any data-collecting agencies or external companies for marketing or solicitation purposes.
We ask for your particulars and opinions so that we can continuously improve our relationship with you. Maintaining your privacy is our priority. At www.tataindicom.com , we want to meet your specific needs by fostering an interactive and personalized environment. To assure you of our commitment to privacy, we are adopting the following standards in delivering this service to you.
Security of your personal information
We safeguard information about you according to established and commercially reasonable security standards and procedures. We also access new technology for protecting customer information on an ongoing basis.
We have procedures that limit employee access to your personal information to those employees with a business reason to know. We also educate our employees about the importance of confidentiality and customer privacy through standard operating procedures, training programs, and internal policies.
Protecting your information exchanged online
When you apply online for our service, or provide information to us at our website, you provide personal and financial information that is necessary for us to process your application or payments. Information provided to us at our website is sent in a "secure session" established with Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology. SSL protects information that is sent over the Internet between your computer and us by encrypting it and thus prevents misuse.
How we collect personal information
Tata Indicom collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- Directly from you , when you submit your personal details at www.tataindicom.com
- From third parties such as Tata Indicom's related companies, credit reporting agencies or your representatives;
- From publicly available sources of information;
- From Tata Indicom's own records of how you use your Tata Indicom services; or
- When legally required to do so ( CAF form )
How we use your personal information
Your personal information may be used to:
When we disclose your personal information
- Verify your identity;
- Assist you to subscribe to Tata Indicom's and/or its associate's products and services;
- Provide the services you require;
- Administer and manage those services, including charging, billing and collecting debts;
- Inform you of ways the services provided to you could be improved or of additional products, services or tariff plans that could be subscribed by you;
- Conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud;
- Research and develop Tata Indicom's and/or its associates' products and services;
- Gain an understanding of your information and communication needs in order for Tata Indicom to provide you with a better service; and
- Maintain and develop Tata Indicom's business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems. Also, your personal information is collected so that Tata Indicom can promote and market its or its associates' services to you (including by way of direct mail, telemarketing, SMS and MMS messages). Tata Indicom does this to keep you informed of its products, services and special offers as also any promotional offers designed by Tata Indicom in collaboration with third parties. If you do not wish Tata Indicom to promote and market its products, services and special offers to you, please visit www.tataindicom.com ( Do Not Disturb )
In order to deliver the services you require, Tata Indicom may disclose your personal information to organizations outside of Tata Indicom. Your personal information is disclosed to these organizations only in relation to Tata Indicom providing its services to you. These organizations carry out Tata Indicom's:
- Customer enquiries;
- Mailing operations;
- Billing and debt-recovery functions;
- Information technology services;
- Installation, maintenance and repair services;
- Market research; and
- Web site usage analysis. Tata Indicom takes reasonable steps to ensure that these organizations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
In addition, Tata Indicom may disclose your personal information to:
- Your authorized representatives or your legal advisers (e.g. when requested by you to do so);
- Credit-reporting and fraud-checking agencies;
- Credit providers (for credit related purposes such as credit-worthiness, credit rating, credit provision and financing);
- Tata Indicom's related companies;
- Tata Indicom's professional advisers, including its accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- Government and regulatory authorities and other organizations, as required or authorized by law; and
- Organizations who manage Tata Indicom's business and corporate strategies, including those involved in a transfer/sale of all or part of its assets or business (including accounts and trade receivables) and those involved in managing Tata Indicom's corporate risk and funding functions (e.g. securitization).
Tata Indicom's websites
Tata Indicom provides products and services via its various web sites. When you visit Tata Indicom's sites, its web servers record anonymous information such as the time, date and URL of the request. This information assists Tata Indicom to improve the structure of its web sites and monitor their performance.
Tata Indicom may use 'cookies' on various web sites. Cookies are an industry standard and most major web sites use them. A cookie is a small text file that our web sites may place on your computer. Usually, cookies are used as a means for Tata Indicom's web sites to remember your preferences. As such, cookies are designed to improve your experience of Tata Indicom's web sites.
In some cases, cookies may collect and store personal information about you. Tata Indicom extends the same privacy protection to your personal information, whether gathered via cookies or from other sources. You can adjust your Internet browser to disable cookies or to warn you when cookies are being used. However, if you disable cookies, you may not be able to access certain areas of our web sites or take advantage of the improved web site experience that cookies offer.
Tata Indicom also collects Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. IP addresses are assigned to computers on the internet to uniquely identify them within the global network. Tata Indicom collects and manages IP addresses as part of the service of providing internet session management and for security purposes.
Help us to ensure we hold accurate information
Tata Indicom takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information it collects, uses and discloses is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide. That's why Tata Indicom recommends that you:
- Let Tata Indicom know if there are any errors in your personal information; and
- Keep Tata Indicom up-to-date with changes to your personal information such as your name or address. Tata Indicom reserves the right to charge a fee for searching for and providing access to your information.